The Civil Rights Staff, Office of the Administrator provides advice, guidance and assistance on the implementation, management and compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity programs. Such programs include Affirmative Employment, Complaints Management, Special Emphasis Program, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training, and Workforce Diversity. The staff's goal is to ensure fair and equal treatment to internal and external customers. The staff also conducts mediation, team building, and conflict resolution programs through its Mediation and Conflict Resolution Group (MCRG).
- Civil Rights Glossary;
- Compliance Assistance, Review and Evaluation (CARE) Reviews;
- EEOC Management Directive 715;
- Partnerships with Minority Serving Institutions and Associations;
- Civil Rights Video Library (PDF); More.
CRD provides advice, guidance and assistance to managers, supervisors and employees on civil rights matters. Please feel free to contact them for assistance.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Program Guide (PDF)
- EEO Counseling and Mediation: Pre-Complaint Process
- EEO Formal Complaint Processing Procedures
- FSIS Directive 1510.2, Use of Official Time in the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaint Process (PDF Only)
- NO FEAR Act
- USDA Non-discrimination Policy and Program Complaint Filing Procedures
Limited English Proficiency
- Limited English Proficiency Implementation Strategy for Federally Assisted Programs (PDF Only)
- FSIS Limited English Proficiency Plan for Federally Conducted Programs (PDF Only) | Policy Statements
- Limited English Proficiency: Improving Access to Federal Conducted and Assisted Programs and Activities (Webinar)
- Limited English Proficiency Resource: Language Identification ("I Speak") (PDF Only; 6mb; 17 x 11 in.)
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Individual Contact Log (FSIS Form 1411-4; PDF Only)
- "I Speak" Cards (U.S. Census Bureau and LEP.gov)
- Limited English Proficiency Web Site
Mediation and Conflict Resolution
Regulations, directives, policy statements issued by USDA and/or FSIS.
- FSIS Directive 4306.2, Reasonable Accommodation and Accessibility for People with Disabilities (PDF)
- Reasonable Accommodation Procedures for People With Disabilities: Desk Guide (PDF Only)
Supervisors and Inspectors-in-Charge should ensure that these EEO and civil rights posters and statements are displayed prominently in all FSIS office spaces. If you do not have printed copies of all these items, download them here.
These programs emphasize employment and advancement opportunities for underrepresented groups and are an integral part of the Equal Employment Opportunity and Civil Rights Program.
- About the Special Emphasis Programs
- Monthly Observances: Calendar of Upcoming Events
- FSIS SEP Contact Information